The Carotid arteries are the major blood vessels that take the blood to the Brain and if for any reason some blockage or narrowing happens it results in Carotid Artery Disease ( CAD)or Carotid Artery Stenosis. You need expert advice for the Treatment of Carotid Artery Disease. These are 2 in numbers on either side of your neck.
Approximately one-third of stroke cases are due to Carotid Artery Disease. A stroke occurs when something blocks blood flow to your brain, causing brain injury. Treatment for arterial carotid stenosis can dramatically reduce this risk.
1. Due to High blood pressure artery walls become weakened and can be damaged easily due to many reasons.
2. Atherosclerosis is another factor due to High Blood Cholesterol.
3. Diabetes is a major factor leading to High blood pressure and atherosclerosis which can cause Carotid Artery disease.
4. One of the major risk factors is Obesity which can cause all the above – High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and Atherosclerosis.
5. Physical Inactivity or Sedentary Lifestyle.
6. Smoking causes the irritation of the lining of arteries and also causes High
7. Blood pressure and an increase in heart rate.
8. Aging makes stiffness of arteries and prone to damage
9. A family history of atherosclerosis.
At the start carotid artery disease does not show any symptoms, but when it becomes severe like nearly blocking (> 80%) or completely blocked symptoms likely to appear Like –
1. sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arms, or legs (usually on one side of the body)
2. Trouble speaking (garbled speech) or understanding
3. sudden vision problems in one or both eyes
5. sudden, severe headache
6. Drooping on one side of your face